Publications from Jim Morrissey’s Lab, 2021-PRESENT
Papers are listed in reverse chronological order, with review articles grouped separately at the end. Clicking on the article’s title will take you to the PubMed entry, if available. The links to the right will take you to our earlier papers and to our issued US patents.
Click here for a listing of Morrissey lab publications for all years in PubMed
ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLES:
- Goswami J, MacArthur TA, Mahony C, Kizhakkedathu JN, Vappala S, Smith S, Morrissey JH, Spears GM, Bailey KB, Dong J-F, Kozar RA, Hall N, Johnstone A, Park MS. DNAse mediated dissolution of neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) accelerates in vitro thrombin generation kinetics in trauma patients. Shock 58:217–223, 2022.
- Muller MP, Morrissey JH, Tajkhorshid E. Molecular view into preferential binding of the factor VII GLA domain to phosphatidic acid. Biochemistry 61:1694–1703, 2022.
- Moore HB, Neal MD, Bertolet M, Joughin BA, Yaffe MB, Barrett CD, Bird MA, Tracy RP, Moore EE, Sperry JL, Zuckerbraun BS, Park MS, Cohen MJ, Wisniewski SR, Morrissey JH, TACTIC Investigators. Proteomics of coagulopathy following injury reveals limitations of using laboratory assessment to define trauma-induced coagulopathy to predict massive transfusion. Ann Surg Open 3:e167, 2022. PMCID: PMC9514137
- Abbina S, La CC, Vappala S, Kalathottukaren MT, Abbasi U, Gill A, Smith SA, Haynes CA, Morrissey JH, and Kizhakkedathu J. The influence of steric shield on biocompatibility and antithrombotic activity of dendritic polyphosphate inhibitor. Mol Pharm 19:1853-1865, 2022. PMCID: PMC9241529
- Paul D and Morrissey JH. Stoichiometric analysis reveals a unique phosphatidylserine binding site in coagulation factor X. J Thromb Haemost 20:600-604, 2022. PMCID: PMC8885840
- Wu J, Vodovotz Y, Abdelhamid S, Guyette FX, Yaffe MB, Gruen DS, Cyr A, Okonkwo DO, Kar UK, Krishnamoorthi N, Voinchet RG, Billiar IM, Yazer MH, Namas RA, Daley BJ, Miller RS, Harbrecht BG, Claridge JA, Phelan HA, Zuckerbraun BS, Johansson PI, Stensballe J, Morrissey JH, Tracy RP, Wisniewski SR, Neal MD, Sperry JL, Billiar TR, and PAMPer study group. Multi-omic analysis in injured humans: Patterns align with outcomes and treatment responses. Cell Rep Med 2:100478, 2021. PMCID: PMC8715070
- Shi H, Gandhi AA, Smith SA, Chiang D, Yalavarthi S, Ali RA, Liu C, Sule G, Tsou P-S, Zuo Y, Kanthi Y, Morrissey JH, and Knight JS. Endothelium-protective, histone-neutralizing properties of the polyanionic agent defibrotide. JCI Insight 6:149149, 2021. PMCID: PMC849231
- Sharma T, Brunet JG, Tasneem S, Smith SA, Morrissey JH, and Hayward CPM. Thrombin generation abnormalities in commonly encountered platelet function disorders. Int J Lab Hematol 43:1557-1565, 2021. PMCID: PMC8599625
- Birkle F and Morrissey JH. A serine loop in tissue factor mediates substrate selectivity by the tissue factor – factor VIIa complex. J Thromb Haemost 19:75-84, 2021. PMCID: PMC7790960
- ➞ Commentary: Schulman S. How the tissue factor-VIIa complex keeps two substrates in the loop. J Thromb Haemost. 19:52-54, 2021.