Publications from Jim Morrissey’s Lab, 1986-1994
Papers are listed here in reverse chronological order, with review articles grouped separately at the end. Clicking on the article’s title will take you to the PubMed entry, if available. The links to the right will take you to papers we’ve published in other years, and to our issued US patents.
Click here for a listing of Morrissey lab publications for all years in PubMed
ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLES:
- Fiore MM, Neuenschwander PF, and Morrissey JH. The biochemical basis for the apparent defect of soluble mutant tissue factor in enhancing the proteolytic activities of factor VIIa. J Biol Chem 269:143-149, 1994.
- Miller GJ, Stirling Y, Esnouf MP, Heinrich J, van de Loo J, Kienast J, Wu KK, Morrissey JH, Meade TW, Martin JC, Imeson JD, Cooper JA, and Finch A. Factor VII-deficient substrate plasmas depleted of protein C raise the sensitivity of the factor VII bio-assay to activated factor VII: An international study. Thromb Haemost 71:38-48, 1994.
- Neuenschwander PF, and Morrissey JH. Roles of the membrane-interactive regions of factor VIIa and tissue factor: The factor VIIa Gla domain is dispensable for binding to tissue factor but important for activation of factor X. J Biol Chem 269:8007-8013, 1994.
- Morrissey JH, Macik BG, Neuenschwander PF, and Comp PC. Quantitation of activated factor VII levels in plasma using a tissue factor mutant selectively deficient in promoting factor VII activation. Blood 81:734-744, 1993.
- Thomas WS, Mori E, Copeland BR, Yu J-Q, Morrissey JH, and del Zoppo GJ. Tissue factor contributes to microvascular defects following focal cerebral ischemia. Stroke 24:847-854, 1993.
- Bottles KD, and Morrissey JH. Dexamethasone enhances agonist induction of tissue factor in monocytes. Blood Coagul Fibrinol 4:405-414, 1993.
- Rezaie AR, Neuenschwander PF, Morrissey JH, and Esmon CT. Analysis of the functions of the first epidermal growth factor-like domain of factor X. J Biol Chem 268:8176-8180, 1993.
- Neuenschwander PF, Fiore MM, and Morrissey JH. Factor VII autoactivation proceeds via interaction of distinct protease-cofactor and zymogen-cofactor complexes: Implications of a two-dimensional enzyme kinetic mechanism. J Biol Chem 268:21489-21492, 1993.
- Neuenschwander PF, Branam DE, and Morrissey JH. Importance of substrate composition, pH and other variables on tissue factor enhancement of factor VIIa activity. Thromb Haemost 70:970-977, 1993.
- Disdier M, Morrissey JH, Fugate RD, Bainton DF, and McEver RP. Cytoplasmic domain of P-selectin (CD62) contains the signal for sorting into the regulated secretory pathway. Molec Biol Cell 3:309-321, 1992.
- Neuenschwander PF, and Morrissey JH. Deletion of the membrane-anchoring region of tissue factor abolishes autoactivation of factor VII, but not cofactor function: Analysis of a mutant with a selective deficiency in activity. J Biol Chem 267:14477-14482, 1992.
- Fiore MM, Neuenschwander PF, and Morrissey JH. An unusual antibody that blocks tissue factor/factor VIIa function by inhibiting cleavage only of macromolecular substrates. Blood 80:3127-3134, 1992.
- Rezaie AR, Fiore MM, Neuenschwander PF, Esmon CT, and Morrissey JH. Expression and purification of a soluble tissue factor fusion protein with an epitope for an unusual calcium-dependent antibody. Protein Expr Purif 3:453-460, 1992.
- Krishnaswamy S, Field KA, Edgington TS, Morrissey JH, and Mann KG. Role of the membrane surface in the activation of human coagulation factor X. J Biol Chem 267:26110-26120, 1992.
- del Zoppo GJ, Jian-Qing Y, Copeland BR, Thomas WS, Schneiderman J, and Morrissey JH. Tissue factor localization in non-human primate cerebral tissue. Thromb Haemost 68:642-647, 1992.
- Taylor FB Jr, Chang A, Ruf W, Morrissey JH, Hinshaw L, Blick K, and Edgington TS. Lethal E. coli septic shock is prevented by blocking tissue factor with monoclonal antibody. Circ Shock 33:127-134, 1991.
- Ruf W, Rehemtulla A, Morrissey JH, and Edgington TS. Phospholipid-independent and -dependent interactions required for tissue factor receptor and cofactor function. J Biol Chem 266:2158-2166, 1991 (correction in J Biol Chem 266:16256, 1991).
- Lathey JL, Agosti JM, Nelson JA, Corey L, Gregory SA, Morrissey JH, Edgington TS, and Oldstone MBA. A selective defect in tissue factor mRNA expression in monocytes from AIDS patients. Clin Immunol Immunopathol 54:1-13, 1990.
- Mackman N, Fowler BJ, Edgington TS, and Morrissey JH: Functional analysis of the human tissue factor promoter and induction by serum. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 87:2254-2258, 1990.
- Mackman N, Morrissey JH, Fowler B, and Edgington TS. Complete sequence of the human tissue factor gene, a highly regulated cellular receptor that initiates the coagulation protease cascade. Biochemistry 28:1755-1762, 1989.
- Drake TA, Morrissey JH, and Edgington TS. Selective cellular expression of tissue factor in human tissues: Implications for disorders of hemostasis and thrombosis. Am J Pathol 134:1087-1097, 1989.
- Gregory SA, Morrissey JH, and Edgington TS. Regulation of tissue factor gene expression in the monocyte procoagulant response to endotoxin. Molec Cell Biol 9:2752-2755, 1989.
- Drake TA, Ruf W, Morrissey JH, and Edgington TS. Functional tissue factor is entirely cell surface expressed on LPS stimulated human blood monocytes and a constitutively tissue factor producing neoplastic cell line. J Cell Biol 109:389-395, 1989.
- Morrissey JH, Revak D, Tejada P, Fair DS, and Edgington TS. Resolution of monomeric and heterodimeric forms of tissue factor, the high-affinity cellular receptor for factor VII. Thromb Res 50:481-493, 1988.
- Morrissey JH, Fair DS, and Edgington TS. Monoclonal antibody analysis of purified and cell-associated tissue factor. Thromb Res 52:247-261, 1988.
- Altieri DC, Morrissey JH, and Edgington TS. Adhesive receptor Mac-1 coordinates the activation of factor X on stimulated cells of monocytic and myeloid differentiation: An alternative initiation of the coagulation protease cascade. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85:7462-7466, 1988.
- Morrissey JH, Fakhrai H, and Edgington TS. Molecular cloning of the cDNA for tissue factor, the cellular receptor for the initiation of the coagulation protease cascade. Cell 50:129-135, 1987.
- Bahnak BR, Howk R, Morrissey JH, Ricca GA, Edgington TS, Jaye MC, Drohan WW, and Fair DS. Steady-state levels of Factor X mRNA in liver and HepG2 cells. Blood 69:224-230, 1987.
- Morrissey JH, and Drake TA. Procoagulant response of the endothelium and monocytes. In: Pathophysiology of Trauma, Shock and Organ Failure, G Schlag and H Redl, eds. (Springer- Verlag, Heidelberg), pp 564-574, 1993.
- Morrissey JH. Tissue factor. In: Encyclopedia of Human Biology, R Dulbecco, ed. (Academic Press, San Diego), Vol. 7, pp 493-498, 1991.
- Morrissey JH, Gregory SA, Mackman N, and Edgington TS. Tissue factor gene organization and regulation. Oxford Surv Euk Genes 6:67-84, 1989.
- Mackman N, Morrissey JH, and Edgington TS. Molekular biologie des gewebefaktors. (Translated into German; original title: Molecular biology of tissue factor.) Haemosteologie 9:151-156, 1989.