Publications from Jim Morrissey’s Lab, 2006-2010
Papers are listed in reverse chronological order, with review articles grouped separately at the end. Clicking on the article’s title will take you to the PubMed entry, if available. The links to the right will take you to our earlier papers and to our issued US patents.
ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLES:
- Choi SH, Collins JNR, Smith SA, Davis-Harrison RL, Rienstra CM, and Morrissey JH. Phosphoramidate end labeling of inorganic polyphosphates: Facile manipulation of polyphosphate for investigating and modulating its biological activities. Biochemistry 49:9935-9941, 2010.
- Ken-Dror G, Drenos F, Humphries SE, Talmud PJ, Hingorani AD, Kivimäki M, Kumari M, Bauer KA, Morrissey JH, and Ireland HA. Haplotype and genotype effects of the F7 gene on circulating factor VII, coagulation activation markers and incident coronary heart disease in UK men. J Thromb Haemost 8:2394-2403, 2010.
- Smith SA, Choi SH, Davis-Harrison R, Huyck J, Boettcher J, Rienstra CM, and Morrissey JH. Polyphosphate exerts differential effects on blood clotting, depending on polymer size. Blood 116:4353-4359, 2010.
- Boettcher JM, Clay MC, Lahood BJ, and Morrissey JH. Backbone 1H, 13C and 15N resonance assignments of the extracellular domain of tissue factor. Biomol NMR Assign. 4:183-185, 2010.
- Ohkubo YZ, Morrissey JH, and Tajkhorshid E. Dynamical view of membrane binding and complex formation of human factor VIIa and tissue factor. J Thromb Haemost 8:1044-1053, 2010.
- Mutch NJ, Myles T, Leung LLK, and Morrissey JH. Polyphosphate binds with high affinity to exosite II of thrombin. J Thromb Haemost 8:548-555, 2010.
- Müller F, Mutch NJ, Schenk WA, Smith SA, Esterl L, Spronk HM, Schmidbauer S, Gahl WA, Morrissey JH, and Renné T. Platelet polyphosphates are proinflammatory and procoagulant mediators in vivo. Cell 139:1143-1156, 2009.
- Ireland HA, Cooper JA, Drenos F, Acharya J, Mitchell JP, Bauer KA, Morrissey JH, Esnouf MP, and Humphries SE. FVII, FVIIa, and downstream markers of extrinsic pathway activation differ by EPCR Ser219Gly variant in healthy men. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1968-1974, 2009.
- Yun TH, Cott JE, Tapping RI, Slauch JM, and Morrissey JH. Proteolytic inactivation of tissue factor pathway inhibitor by bacterial omptins. Blood 113:1139-1148, 2009.
- Smith SA and Morrissey JH. Polyphosphate as a general procoagulant agent. J Thromb Haemost 6:1750-1756, 2008.
- Smith SA and Morrissey JH. Polyphosphate enhances fibrin clot structure. Blood 112:2810-2816, 2008.
- Smith SA and Morrissey JH. Heparin is procoagulant in the absence of antithrombin. Thromb Haemost 100:160-162, 2008.
- Miller GJ, Ireland HA, Cooper JA, Bauer KA, Morrissey JH, Humphries SE, and Esnouf MP. Relationship between markers of activated coagulation, their correlation with inflammation, and association with risk for coronary heart disease (NPHSII). J Thromb Haemost 6:259-267, 2008.
- Smith SA and Morrissey JH. Sensitive fluorescence detection of polyphosphate in polyacrylamide gels using 4′,6-diamidino-2-phenylindol. Electrophoresis, 28:3461-3465, 2007.
- In a special issue devoted to inorganic species & small organic ions.
- Shaw AW, Pureza VS, Sligar SG, and Morrissey JH. The local phospholipid environment modulates the activation of blood clotting. J Biol Chem 282:6556-6563, 2007.
- Ahamed J, Niessen F, Kurokawa T, Lee YK, Bhattacharjee G, Morrissey JH, and Ruf W. Regulation of macrophage procoagulant responses by the tissue factor cytoplasmic domain in endotoxemia. Blood 109:5251-5259, 2007.
- Waters EK, Yegneswaran S, and Morrissey JH. Raising the active site of factor VIIa above the membrane surface reduces its procoagulant activity but not factor VII autoactivation. J Biol Chem 281:26062-26068, 2006.
- Smith SA, Mutch NJ, Baskar D, Rohloff P, Docampo R, and Morrissey JH. Polyphosphate modulates blood coagulation and fibrinolysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103:903-908, 2006.
- Waters EK and Morrissey JH. Restoring full biological activity to the isolated ectodomain of an integral membrane protein. Biochemistry 45:3769-3774, 2006.
- Designated a “Hot Article” for March 2006 by the editors of Biochemistry
- Smith SA, Comp PC, and Morrissey JH. Traces of factor VIIa modulate thromboplastin sensitivity to factors V, VII, X, and prothrombin. J Thromb Haemost 4:1553-1558, 2006.
- Smith SA, Comp PC, and Morrissey JH. Phospholipid composition controls thromboplastin sensitivity to individual clotting factors. J Thromb Haemost 4:820-827, 2006.
- Huang X, Ding WQ, Vaught JL, Wolf RF, Morrissey JH, Harrison RG, and Lind SE. A soluble tissue factor-annexin V chimeric protein has both procoagulant and anticoagulant properties. Blood, 107:980-986, 2006.
- Morrissey JH, Davis-Harrison RL, Tavoosi N, Ke K, Pureza V, Boettcher JM, Clay MC, Rienstra CM, Ohkubo YZ, Pogorelov TV, and Tajkhorshid E. Protein-Phospholipid interactions in blood clotting. Thromb Res. 125(Suppl. 1):S23-S25, 2010.
- Yun TH and Morrissey JH. Polyphosphate and omptins: Novel bacterial procoagulant agents. J Cell Molec Med 13:4146-4153, 2009.
- Morrissey JH, Pureza V, Davis-Harrison RL, Sligar SG, Rienstra CM, Kijac AZ, Ohkubo YZ, and Tajkhorshid E. Protein-membrane interactions: Blood clotting on nanoscale bilayers. J Thromb Haemost 7 (Suppl. 1):169-172, 2009.
- Morrissey JH and Mackman N. Tissue factor and factor VIIa: Understanding the molecular mechanism. Thromb Res 122 (Suppl. 1):S1-S2, 2008.
- Morrissey JH, Pureza V, Davis-Harrison RL, Sligar SG, Ohkubo YZ, and Tajkhorshid E. Blood clotting reactions on nanoscale phospholipid bilayers. Thromb Res 122 (Suppl. 1):S23-S26, 2008.
- Morrissey JH. Encryption remains cryptic. Blood 110:3822-3823, 2007.
- Morrissey JH and Mutch NJ. Tissue factor structure and function. In: Hemostasis and Thrombosis: Basic Principles and Clinical Practice (Fifth Edition), RW Colman, VJ Marder, AW Clowes, JN George and Goldhaber SZ, eds. (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia), pp 91-106, 2006.