Publications from Jim Morrissey’s Lab, 1974-1985
Papers are listed here in reverse chronological order, with review articles grouped separately at the end. Clicking on the article’s title will take you to the PubMed entry, if available. The links to the right will take you to papers we’ve published in other years, as well as to our issued US patents. Selected papers below can be downloaded in PDF format.
ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLES:
- Morrissey JH, Devine KM, and Loomis WF. The timing of cell-type-specific differentiation in Dictyostelium discoideum. Devel Biol 103:414-424, 1984.
- Wallace JS, Morrissey JH, and Newell PC. Monoclonal antibodies specific for stalk differentiation in Dictyostelium discoideum. Cell Diff 14:205-211, 1984.
- Devine KM, Morrissey JH, and Loomis WF. Differential synthesis of spore coat proteins in prespore and prestalk cells of Dictyostelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 79:7361-7365, 1982.
- Morrissey JH. Deficiency in homogentisic acid oxidase activity associated with the brown phenotype of Dictyostelium discoideum. J Gen Microbiol 129:1127-1132, 1982.
- Morrissey JH. Silver stain for proteins in polyacrylamide gels: A modified procedure with enhanced uniform sensitivity. Anal Biochem 117:307-310, 1981.
- Morrissey JH, Farnsworth PA, and Loomis WF. Pattern formation in Dictyostelium discoideum: An analysis of mutants altered in cell proportioning. Devel Biol 83:1-8, 1981.
- Morrissey JH, and Loomis WF. Parasexual genetic analysis of cell proportioning mutants of Dictyostelium discoideum. Genetics 99:183-196, 1981.
- Morrissey JH, Wheeler S, and Loomis WF. New loci in Dictyostelium discoideum determining pigment formation and growth on Bacillus subtilis. Genetics 96:115-123, 1980.
- Morrissey JH, and Green H. Differentiation-related death of an established keratinocyte line in suspension culture. J Cell Physiol 97:469-475, 1978.
- Greenhouse GA, and Morrissey JH. Resolution of acid-soluble protein component of yolk platelets from Xenopus laevis eggs on polyacrylamide gels. Devel Biol 39:168-171, 1974.
- Morrissey JH. Morphogenesis: Two signals to shape a slime mold. Nature 303:203-204, 1983.
- Morrissey JH. Cell proportioning and pattern formation. In: Development of Dictyostelium, WF Loomis, ed. (Academic Press, New York), pp 411-449, 1982.